Saturday 8 February 2014

Reading materials and Learning resources on the H800

The OU provides a broad and varied range of online resources for the H800: Technology-enhanced learning: practices and debates as you can probably imagine. 

By default Chrome OS does not support epub (ereader files) or .mobi (kindle reader files) However I like the idea of being able to read all the files across my range of mobile devices. This is where epub files become really useful in my opinion. In order to keep things as simple and in the cloud as possible I have been looking at how to keep things Chrome so that I can move between different machines and devices but only have one copy of the files. 

So after a little research I found Readium, a chrome browser app. 



In Chrome OS you can upload the files to your Google Drive and then link directly to them. The reader itself is highly configurable as with most ereaders. I would highly recommend you check it out. 

Update - Readium do not support .mobi files unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment