Saturday 8 February 2014

I'm going online..I may be sometime...

I have been thinking about this for sometime now and I have decided to take the plunge.


As my masters programme is all about Online and Distance Education I decided that I am going to practically investigate if I stay online and not rely on desktop based, Mac, PC or Linux based applications and try to live in the could as it were. At my place of work (Leeds College of Art) we use Moodle as our VLE, we call it eStudio to avoid any brand issues and we see it as a virtual extension of our actual studios (so e could be interpreted as electronic or extension, either way I don't mind). We use Google education apps for our student email and calendars which work well, however we haven't really pushed the rest of the cloud apps. Something I would like to pursue further.

So I have bought myself an Acer C720 Chromebook, got 100gb of free cloud drive space for two years and we shall see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment